Wednesday, November 13, 2013

newtown festival

On Sunday my best friend and I went to the 35th Newtown Festival in Camperdown Memorial Rest Park in, who'd have thought, Newtown.
 
We got off the bus and followed the crowd into a small side street.
Some guys were playing on their saxophones, drums and trumpets. I got goose bumps, just by listening to these awesome guys.
The mixture of the classic instruments and pop music like 'I need a dollar' from Aloe Blacc' (http://instagram.com/p/gkBT3qvuXE/) made me smile.
 
The festival was amazing!
We did some wine testing (moscato white wine, i love you), listened to the newcomer bands, I got my very first henna tattoo and of course we walked around to have a look at all the beautiful stalls. (due to my east coast trip in january I didn't buy anything, which is unlike me haha)
 
Afterwards we went to an art gallery. My most favourite hobby. As Stella Adler said: Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.
 
I ended the day with a moscato white wine (what else?) and a delicious apple-walnut-salad in one of these restaurants at darling harbour. As you can see, the weather wasn't that good, but the view still amazing.
 
 
Cheers, 
 














 
(C) Laura Schuetze, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment