Monday, November 11, 2013

chippendale, sydney

wow guys, first of all, I have to thank you!
more than 1.300 klicks on my blog, that's just so amazing. I never tought that so many people would read my blog, so a big thank you to all of you!  - this is also the reason why I decided to continue writing in english.

so, this weekend I did heaps of stuff!
On friday 3 of my friends and I went to a suburb in sydney we haven't been before.

CHIPPENDALE

It's about half an hour away from CBD and such a cute area.

We went to the 'White Rabbit Gallery' first.
,The White Rabbit Collection is one of the world's largest and most significant collections of contemporary Chinese art. Founded by Kerr Neilson and Judith Neilson, it focuses on works produced after year 2000.' (traffic magazine)

In my opinion the most impressive piece of art was on the second floor. I was reading the information about Yi Lings artwork and had to smile. He's so damn right in saying that nothing is everything, because when you first have a look at his artpiece, you just recognize the colors, lines and strokes.
But when you plunge into it, you'll see everything at once. The tiger, the guy on the motorcycle, the car, the plane and all the other stuff.
I was standing in front of it for probably 10 minutes, forgot everything around me and just tried to absorb all the information. (scroll down to see the picture)

I'm impressed, Yi Ling is a great artist.

Afterwards we went through the small streets of Chippendale, looking for more galleries. We went into another small one, its name I unfortunately forgot.
I loved the atmosphere. It was so informal. quiet. peaceful.

In the middle of the gallery, a painting workshop was held. I sat down on a lounge and kept tabs on every artists single brushstroke. It was fascinating.

Later the day we also went to Surry Hills, one of my most favourite suburbs here in sydney. It's fresh, hip and young. 90% of the people are 20-30 years old. Almost no families with children or elderly people.
We sat down in a café on Crown St, the mainstreet that runs through Surry Hills.
I had a delicious chicken, cheese and avocado baguette and enjoyed the afternoon sun.

Towards the evening we went back to CBD and drove home.

It was such a lovely day,


LOVE Laura











(C) Laura Schuetze, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment